Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

    I am now listening to them for the first time. I like what I hear.
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member knight_67's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2002
    Posts
    2,831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

    good to see someone new listening.. great band
    "i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"



  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

    Quote Originally Posted by knight_67 View Post
    good to see someone new listening.. great band
    Metal is a dime a dozen it seems. Im late to the party on them. But They sound good. I kick my own in the ass for not listening to them earlier. I could have sworn there was a black metal mastadon. I avoid black metal
    GO VOLS

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

    Check out the Blood Mountain, Crack The Skye, and Leviathan albums. The earlier stuff like Call Of The Mastodon and even Remission can be kind of grating. March Of The Fire Ants from Remission is something most people could get into though.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

    MOTFA is maybe my favorite Mastodon song, are you saying im a sissy???!?!?!?!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member DJP's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2009
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

    You should check out amorphis-alone from Am Universum
    edit
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ1VVh13WDY"]YouTube- Amorphis - "Alone" Nuclear Blast Records[/ame]
    Gate City: 16 State Championships in the 2000s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Mastadon I have heard alot about these guys

    Quote Originally Posted by Biggin View Post
    MOTFA is maybe my favorite Mastodon song, are you saying im a sissy???!?!?!?!

    Nope. It's one of my favorites as well. One of the most catchy riffs in the history of rock. It's actually playing as I type this. I'm saying it's a lot more palatable than a lot of the other stuff off Remission than some of the more earsplitting/noise/unltra heavy stuff that some people might not like.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •